|A. GENERAL INFORMATION
A. GENERAL INFORMATION
The information and instructions contained in these Guidelines have been prepared to make packing and moving less stressful and easier for you and to reduce unnecessary delays for Moveway. Following these instructions will help to provide a smooth and efficient transfer to your new location.
It is the responsibility of the Local/Group Coordinator to insure that each member of the group has a copy of these Guidelines and that each member follows these instructions.
Each person will be responsible for his/her own packing before the actual move. (If desired, Moveway can pack for you)
All packing should be completed prior to the actual move.
1. CARTONS - All articles should be in cartons provided by Moveway. Be sure all cartons are properly assembled. Leave a two inch ( 2") space at the top of each carton. Do not close the top of the cartons with tape (unless specified under separate cover) fan fold the top flaps or as some call it, criss-cross the top flaps. The mover has special cartons and boxes available for electronic equipment, bulk supplies, lamps and other breakables. If you require special boxes or packing service, or if you need special security on particular equipment or records, ask your Manager and Move Coordinator to advise us of your needs.
2. PERSONAL ITEMS - The mover cannot be responsible for personal possessions, such as money, lighters, fountain pens, etc. For your own protection, we suggest that you move these items privately. If you need special containers, ask your Move Coordinator.
3. ALL OFFICE FURNITURE - Desks, all file cabinets, file drawers, and work surface drawers, should be emptied and secured in cartons. (Refer to B-1 & B-7.) Again, all contents must be packed seperately.
4. LOOSE ITEMS - IMPORTANT - Steel paper clips, pencils, and all other loose materials should be put in envelopes, sealed, then packed in cartons. Any glass tops or pads should be left on top of the desks for Moveway.
5. KEYS - Tape desk keys to the interior of the center drawer. Leave all drawers unlocked. Tape file cabinet keys to the top of the file cabinets with masking tape and criss-cross the tape across the keys (X).
6. SECURITY and CONFIDENTIAL FILES - Security files are confidential files, finance records, blank checks, personnel records etc. These files are generally kept in fire proof safe file cabinets or kept under lock and key. These cabinets will be moved with their contents intact with the file cabinet. Keys should be carried seperately or turned over to your Security Manager.
7. FILE CABINETS AND FILE DRAWERS- Lateral file cabinets must have contents removed. These file cabinets cannot be moved with their contents intact because there is often structural damage to this type of cabinet. (Except with an in house move where either Piano-Moving-Jacks, Rolla-Lifts or Rais-N-Rols are used; even then there still could be damage to the side panels or under carriage).
9. OFFICE MACHINES - Typewriters, large calculators and computers with their peripheral equipment (printers, modem, etc.) and any special type of machines will not be packed in cartons; they will be moved on special carts or in special containers by Moveway. Small hand held and desk top calculators can be packed in cartons. All machines must be disconnected and their cords packed in cartons. (Refer to B-13) How to Package.
10. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ARE ANY OFFICE MACHINES
11. BOOKCASES, DISPLAYS, etc.- Remove all contents and pack in cartons.
12. PICTURES, MAPS, and BULLETIN BOARDS- Remove these items from the wall. Tag each piece according to the "Label Placement instruction sheet"; place them on end, back-to-back in cartons. If the item does not fit in a carton, lean it against the wall and the mover will take it from there. Consolidate small pictures in cartons cushioned with packing material.
13. SPECIAL EQUIPMENT- Professional servicing will be provided for such equipment as the copy machine, Facsimile machine, Mail Room machines, etc. and will be handled by the Move Coordinator with special advice.
14. PLANTS- Plants owned by the office will be moved by Moveway or by the Plant Company. Personal plants cannot be moved by Moveway. It is advised that each person remove these plants from the building prior to the move.
15. TELEPHONES- Telephones will be handled by the Telephone Company/Telecommunication personnel.
1. MOVING LABELS - Assorted colors are available for coding requirements. Obtain your individual color and number assignment from your Move Coordinators. Carefully print your number in large numbers with a magic marker on the correct color label BEFORE placing labels on items.
2. DO NOT MOVE- If items ARE NOT to be moved or if equipment and furniture ARE TO BE discarded; be sure to label them with DO NOT MOVE labels. This will eliminate unnecessary expense in moving TRASH - (GET RID OF YOUR TRASH BEFORE YOU START TO MOVE).
3. LABEL PLACEMENT - Place labels in the proper place on ALL cartons and on all equipment that will move with you. Please follow the illustrations on the LABEL PLACEMENT INSTRUCTION PAGE. Moveway requires this uniformity of label placement to quickly and efficiently place your furniture, equipment & cartons in the new location.
Your first concern will be to get unpacked and back to a normal operating routine as quickly as possible.
As soon as you have completed unpacking, break the cartons down and place them in a central area designated by Moveway. Your Move Coordinator will inform you of this location.
This can cause a very serious injury if a person unknowingly steps on the top carton. These cartons will slide against each other; giving you the same reaction as if you stepped on ice.
THIS TYPE OF FALL CAN CAUSE A VERY SERIOUS INJURY.
Cartons should be stacked on end and leaned against a solid vertical surface. If you must stack cartons, one on top the other; find an alcove or a location away from the main traffic and OUT OF HARMS WAY.
SHORTAGE / DAMAGE CLAIM - Although the Relocation Project Manager will do everything possible to fully equip your office area and although Moveway will exercise extreme care in moving your office, some shortage of equipment may occur or damage may occur to furniture or equipment. If this occurs in your office area, use the forms provided for reporting such problems to the Move Coordinator immediately after the move. THE SOONER THE BETTER.
HAVE AN EFFICIENT AND SAFE MOVE